Information We Collect
You provide us with certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) when you register for an account that enables you to participate in certain services on the site, including posting or uploading videos or music, posting messages in our message board, downloading free documents, videos and music, or subscribing to newsletters. You also provide us with additional personally identifiable information (such as your address for example) when you register as an artist.
When you visit the site, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. In contrast, a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site to help identify you and maintain your signed-in status. You may remove persistent cookies by following your browser’s directions. You can also reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you do so, however, some features and services of the site may not function properly.
Log File Information
Our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit the site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, platform type, click rates, pages viewed and the order in which those pages were viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your web request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Single-Pixel Information: we may also send single-pixel or transparent image tracking HTML-based emails to our visitors to track which outgoing emails are opened by recipients. The information we gain through this technology is anonymous (i.e. non-personally identifiable).
Our Media Player
Our media players generally do not collect any personally identifiable information about you when media files such as videos, pictures and music is being played. No personally identifiable information is stored on our servers during or as a result of any of these interactions. Some information is used for diagnostic and is stored in a separate database that is not in any way linked to personally identifiable information.
We are committed to protecting copyrighted content by, among other things, tracking which consumer electronics devices have been registered to your account and logging and authorizing requests to download or play purchased content that are related to registered and networked devices.
Please note that any video, music, picture or other content you upload or post on the site is published and made publicly available. Further, any personal information that you voluntarily disclose when participating in services available on the site becomes publicly available and can be viewed and/or used by others. Further, please be aware that while the username you choose (but not your email address) may be displayed to other visitors when you upload content or participate in the newagepiano Community, other visitors can contact you through messages and comments.
How We Use Information We Collect:
- By registering for an account, you consent to our use of personally identifiable information, without seeking your further consent, for non-marketing or administrative purposes, requesting your feedback on our site via surveys, and/or for customer services or data security-related purposes.
- If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter when registering for an account and/or making a purchase through the site, we will use your email address and/or other personally identifiable information to send you periodic mailings. You may opt-out of receiving future newsletter mailings at any time.
- We will not use your email address and/or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent, unless such messages are part of a specific promotion for which you will have the ability to either opt-in or opt-out.
- We use your personally identifiable information as well as some non-personally-identifiable information (including anonymous usage patterns, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click rates, etc.) to enable us to continually improve the quality and design of the site and to develop new features, promotions, and services.
When We Disclose Information We Collect:
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or next visit to the site;
- provide you access to targeted and/or personalized content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns;
- monitor and compile certain site-related statistics including the total number of visitors, pages viewed, average time spent per page, etc.; and
- track your participation in promotions and special programs.
Third Party Advertisers, Links to Other sites:
- We will not share your personally identifiable information (such as your name or email address) with other, third party companies for their own commercial or marketing purposes without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We may, however, share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information (including anonymous usage patterns, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click rates, etc.) with third party companies that wish to learn more about usage patterns for certain media content, software downloads, services, advertisements, and/or promotions associated with the site.
Please note that when these third party companies send various advertisements and links directly to your browser, they gain access to your IP address. They may also use other technologies, including cookies, that determine whether their ads have been effective and/or to better target the ads you see. We encourage you to read these third parties’ privacy policies to better understand their access to and/or use of your personal information.
Accessing And Updating Your Information:
- We work hard not to collect any more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary, and to give you the choice whether to provide such information to us.
- Should you choose not to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, however, we may not be able to provide certain services to you and/or some of the site’s features may not function properly.
- You may change your email address choosing the account option.
- You may modify your user data at any time by visiting the Edit Profile page.
How We Secure The Information We Collect:
We are committed to and do take appropriate and commercially reasonably security measures to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These measures include but are not limited to internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. For example, once transmitted to us, your address, credit card number, social security number and/or tax identification number will always be stored in an encrypted form.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our site and services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We cannot and do not, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us and by your use of the site and/or registration for an account, you acknowledge and agree that you do so at your own risk.
Thanks for visiting. We at newagepiano.net value our own privacy, so we work hard to protect yours as well. If you have any questions about privacy or how your information is used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The newagepiano Team
Last Updated: January 26, 2007